Kenya election annulment: What are Kenyans talking about?
On 1 September, the Supreme Court announced that the Kenyan elections, which had taken place on 9 August, had been annulled. Global media intelligence company Meltwater tracked and analysed the social media and online editorial mentions of both candidates, ODM's Raila Odinga and Jubilee's incumbent President Kenyatta, as well as surrounding conversations and trending themes. The data indicates that the sentiment of both candidates was mostly negative, mentions of the re-vote occurred in the US as well as Africa, and that "election hacking" was one of the most prominent trending themes.
Meltwater's press office
- Kenya election annulment: What are Kenyans talking about? 5 Oct 2017
- Meltwater acquires Algo to supercharge its industry-leading media intelligence platform 1 Sep 2017
- Meltwater acquires Cosmify to bolster its data analytics offerings and machine-learning engine 16 Aug 2017
- The first 24 hours - What the world had to say about #JunkStatus 6 Apr 2017
- Meltwater secures $60m debt funding with Silicon Valley Bank, Vector Capital 13 Feb 2017